Sump Pump Maintenance Tips for Fargo?
Winter is a busy time for SERVPRO® of Fargo. Water damage is a common problem this time of year, and our fast emergency response time saves our customers time and money by minimizing the potential for secondary damage. Some of our water damage emergencies involve failed or inadequately running sump pumps. Here are some maintenance tips to keep your sump pump working correctly:
- Open the lid and remove debris that may be blocking the water inlet screen
- Pour about five gallons of water into the pump and watch the float valve rise
- As the float valve rises, the pump should turn on, and the water should discharge through the outlet pipe
- Go outside and inspect the outlet pipe
- Water should be flowing from the pipe and away from the home
- Contact a plumbing professional if the sump pump fails to operate during this inspection
- Install a battery backup system
- Choose a system with a battery replacement warning
- Replace batteries every two to three years
Call Us Today!
You never know when you’ll need water damage restoration services for your home or commercial business, but when you do, SERVPRO® of Fargo has a team of highly trained technicians on-call and ready to assist you. Call us today at 701-232-2455.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.