Ice Dam Control in Fargo?
Ice Dam Mitigation Tips
Ice dams occur when there are fluctuating temperatures on a roof allowing some areas to freeze, the “ice dam” and other areas to remain in a liquid state. The water that is backed up behind the ice dam causes water to seep underneath the roof shingles and exterior roof barriers and can cause water damage to the roof and attic spaces inside the structure. SERVPRO® of Fargo has been mitigating water damage in the Fargo-Moorhead area for years and know that many forms of water damage can be prevented, including ice dam damage. Here are some short-term, immediate tips from the University of Minnesota Extension (UMN) to help control ice dams:
- Remove snow from the roof.
- In an emergency situation where water is flowing into the house structure, making channels through the ice dam allows water behind the dam to drain off the roof.
- Hosing with tap water on a warm day will do this job.
- Work upward from the lower edge of the dam.
- The channel is a temporary solution and will become ineffective within days.
Call Us Today!
When your Fargo home or business has a water damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Fargo has a team of restoration technicians on call to serve you 24-hours a day. Call us at 701-232-2455. We’ll restore your property damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Fargo is Independently Owned and Operated.