If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (701) 232-2455

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Fargo?

2/10/2021 (Permalink)

A carbon monoxide alarm is shown. We mitigate fire damage in Fargo and the surrounding areas.

CO Poisoning is Preventable

According to the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every year there are at least 430 deaths attributable to carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, and CO poisoning is preventable. SERVPRO® of Fargo responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the winter months and offers these carbon monoxide prevention tips from the CDC:

  • Change the batteries in your CO detector every six months. If you don’t have a battery-powered or battery back-up CO detector, buy one soon.
  • Have your heating system, water heater, and any other gas, oil, or coal-burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year.
  • Keep vents and flues free of debris. Debris can block ventilation lines.
  • Never run leave a motor running in the garage or other enclosed space.
  • Never use a charcoal grill, hibachi, or portable camping stove inside a home, tent, or camper.
  • Never run a generator, pressure washer, or any gasoline-powered engine inside a basement, garage, or other enclosed structure, even if the doors or windows are open.
  • If you suspect CO poisoning, call 911 or a health care professional right away.

Call Us Today!

SERVPRO® of Fargo has a team of highly trained restoration technicians on call and ready to respond to your fire damage emergency 24-hours a day in Fargo. Call us at 701-232-2455.

SERVPRO of Fargo is Independently Owned and Operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts